If you have read Jon Barron’s renowned natural health book “Lessons From The Miracle Doctors” and now would like to view a summary of his key health points, you’ve come to the right place! Below you will find all his key heath tips, from intestinal cleansing to digestive health, in one summarized report.
If you are new to Jon Barron’s Baseline of Health Program, we recommend reading Lessons From The Miracle Doctor’s first. You can download the abbreviated electronic version of this natural health book for free, or buy the expanded edition at any local bookstore or order online Baseline Nutritionals. Then, come back to this page for a great review of the natural health remedies and dietary supplements recommended in the program.
To recap, the secret to health, the secret to all the success that the great alternative healers share, is that they look to raise the health of every system and organ in the body simultaneously. If you do that, the odds of overcoming virtually any health ailment are in your favor. In fact, it’s almost impossible to miss.
Specifically, we’re talking about the following natural health remedies:
Cleaning out the elimination channels is fundamental to any health building program. In 1985, almost 70 million Americans were affected by digestive disorders. Today, it’s close to 100 million. In fact, digestive disorders are responsible for over 50 million physician visits and more hospitalizations than any other category of medical problems in the United States today. For proper digestive health, you must first start with a healthy intestinal tract and colon. Learn why and how to do a colon detox:
Many health ailments–headaches, exhaustion, memory problems, and muscle cramps, for example–come from heavy metal toxicity. It has been implicated in everything from increased risk of Alzheimer’s and cardiovascular disease to mental retardation and cancer. Due to the burning of coal, mercury and lead are in everything from fish to drinking water to crops. Even if you removed your metal fillings, you are still at risk from mercury. Make sure you perform a heavy metal detox regularly:
Our liver is the primary filter of our body. Over time we so abuse it and overtax it that illness is the inevitable result. Our blood is filled with many impurities including everything from an overabundance of artificial fats to toxic heavy metals. These must be removed for optimum health. For step-by-step instructions, enjoy a self-guided full body detox through our extensive Detox Program! Or, review further liver detox and blood cleansing information:
As a result of chlorinated water and antibiotics administered by doctors and present in our dairy, beef, and chicken, we have virtually eliminated all beneficial bacteria needed for digestion, disease protection, and elimination. There can be no true health until we replenish those essential “probiotics” once present in our digestive tracts:
Modern man is the only animal that eats a diet almost entirely devoid of live enzymes, mainly due to a high consumption of processed and cooked foods, which forces the pancreas and stomach to make up for the difference. As a result, virtually every American has an enlarged pancreas by the time he/she is 40, and significantly diminished stomach acid production by the time they are 50, as well as systemic inflammation, allergies, heart disease, and more. Supplementing with both digestive and proteolytic enzymes, therefore, is a key natural health remedy:
Every cell, every system, every organ in our bodies is produced from the food we eat. It is for this reason that it is often said, “We dig our graves one forkful at a time.” Even if you use dietary supplements, you must also follow a good diet:
A Pillar of Salt
Functional Foods for Mind and Body
Dairy Diet Delusion
Obesity: The Inmates are Running the Asylum
Refined to Death
GE Revisited & Let’s Talk About Dairy
Dietary Fats and the Risk of Incident Alzheimer Disease
Prostate Cancer and Flax Seed
Low Carb Craziness Part 1
Low Carb Craziness Part 2
Low Carb Craziness Part 3
Because the food we eat does not have the same nutritional value it did 100 years ago, we must use supplementation of some kind. Although many products and companies pitch the next wonder dietary supplement, not all are created equal. Know your dietary supplements by following these natural health guidelines:
Multivitamin & Mineral Formulas
Studies Prove Supplements Good/Bad
Supplements are for Sinners
Vitamin E, Vioxx and Codex
Special Report, Vitamin E
Designing a Superfood Part 1
Designing a Superfood Part 2
Catalyst Altered Trace Minerals™
The Calcium Question
Calcium D-Glucarate, An Anti-Cancer Supplement
Scientists now know that free radicals play a major role in the aging process as well as in the onset of cancer, heart disease, stroke, arthritis, allergies, and a host of other ailments. The key is to not focus on the ORAC value in antioxidant dietary supplements, but instead the various types of antioxidants in the formula. Different antioxidants are essential in supporting a variety of functions in your body – from your eyes to your heart. Find out some of the lesser known, yet important antioxidants you need:
Each and every day we are exposed to thousands and thousands of man-made, petroleum-based chemicals (xenoestrogens) that work to destroy the hormonal balance of our bodies with disastrous effects. Correcting these imbalances can save your health and your sanity!
Unknowingly, 53,000,000 Americans drink tap water that is polluted by feces, radiation, or other contaminants. Half of all Americans drink water that has been used at least once before. Be sure to drink only pure water to help your body eliminate waste from toxins.
The health of your mouth is directly related to the rest of your body. And, a visit to your dentist could be deadly unless you know what to look out for:
What we think (and how we think) does absolutely (and unequivocally) affect our health. As Dr. John Christopher was fond of saying, “Most people need a colonic between the ears.”
It does everything from improving the health of the heart to building up your bones to speeding up the elimination of toxins from your body. The bottom line is that you must “move or die.”
All life is energy. Optimize that energy and you optimize your health. Charge your body with the right frequencies and you prevent disease.
- Perform intestinal cleansing and do a thorough colon detox.
- Remove Heavy Metals Through A Heavy Metal Cleanse
- Clean Your Kidneys, Gallbladder, Liver, and Blood.
- Use Probiotics.
- Supplement With Enzymes.
- Keep a Healthy Diet.
- Utilize Good Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs, and Phytochemicals.
- Destroy Free Radicals with Antioxidants.
- Balance Hormones.
- Drink Pure Water.
- Keep Your Mouth Healthy.
- Think Positively.
Now that we summarized the main guidelines for Jon Barron’s Baseline of Health Program, below are more natural health recommendations on how to implement the guidelines above, along with a daily schedule and tips on exactly what Jon Barron does for regular maintenance:
Daily Natural Health Guidelines For Everyone
Intestinal cleansing, colon detoxing, probiotics, digestive enzymes, and proteolytic enzymes are pretty much Jon’s sine qua non of health. If you do these regularly along with proper eating, periodic juice fasting, liver detoxing, and exercise, your health is going to be pretty darn good.
- At one time, Jon Barron used to consider a broad-based vitamin/mineral supplement the cornerstone of the Baseline of Health Program. Nowadays, he personally uses more Digestive Enzymes than any other single supplement. He says that if he had one single supplement to take, it would probably be digestive enzymes with every meal.
- It may no longer be number one on his list, but a broad-based vitamin/mineral supplement is still a major component of the program. He recommends you find one you like and use it regularly.
- A liquid trace mineral supplement is essential — preferably one that contains electrically-charged micelle colloidal particles that help break surface tension and make the trace minerals more bio-available.
The rest of the items in this list are somewhat “optional.” To put it another way, the more you do wrong in your daily life (i.e., eat badly, no exercise, etc.), the more of the following items become mandatory in terms of basic maintenance. If you’re looking for optimum health, then the more of the following you do, the better, regardless of how well you’re living. For what it’s worth, Jon Barron says he does all of them.
- Jon says that the more he uses proteolytic enzymes, the more attached he’s become to their benefits. He now considers them essential for optimum health.
- Superfood powder should become a regular part of your diet — if not daily, at least 2-3 times a week. Find a good product and either mix it in juice, or blend it in fruit smoothies.
- Water soluble fiber in the form of freshly ground golden flaxseed, psyllium seed husks, or chia seeds should be used to supplement most diets.
- If you eat any grains or moderately high glycemic carbohydrates, you definitely want to be using a fiber based metabolic sugar enhancer to block receptor sites and slow the glycemic response.
- A full-spectrum antioxidant is essential to control free radical damage, prevent disease, slow down the degradation of organs such as your eyes, and extend life.
- The best sources of Omega-3 fatty acids are fish oil, krill oil, and high lignan cold-pressed, organic flax oil. Each has features that make it unique and invaluable. Use all three for a total of 3 grams worth each day.
- A good Probiotic Formula is essential to keep beneficial bacteria populations at optimum levels.
- Vitamin D deficiency is emerging as a major source of age related conditions. 1000-2000 IU a day of D3 is not too much — particularly if you don’t spend much time in the sun. And even if you spend time in the sun, it’s still worth supplementing — particularly as you get older.
- Despite the odd (flawed) dissenting study, numerous studies have shown that high quality vitamin E supplementation promotes health. Make sure you use a full spectrum E that emphasizes gamma E and all of the tocotrienols.
- L-carnosine is an expensive supplement, but Jon swears it’s also one of the reasons he doesn’t look his age. Dosage is age-related. Jon uses 1500 mg a day in combination with DMAE and Acetyl-l-carnitine as found in his formula.
- For cardiovascular health, Jon suggests using ubiquinol CoQ10 at 50 mg a day.
- Jon rotates through immune boosters such as Echinachea, AHCC, and colostrum. He also uses pathogen destroyers semi-regularly (a couple of times a week) and on an as needed basis.
- Jon also swears by brain enhancing herbs such as bacopa monniera. They definitely improve short term concentration and maximize the outlook for long term cognitive function.
Daily Natural Health Guidelines For Those Over 30
If you’re over 30 and living anywhere on earth, Jon says you don’t have much choice. By the time you’re 30, because of exposure to chemical estrogens, your hormonal system is out of whack. You need to consider supplementation with natural progesterone crème and a good testosterone balancing formula. The only caution on progesterone formulas is to not overdo it. The idea is to mimic nature, not blow it away. (Note: for women. If the progesterone crème doesn’t do the trick, you might want to consider estriol crème. It’s mild and cancer protective and may be all you need. If not, talk to your doctor about bio-identical estrogen.)
Also, if you’re over 30, a good HGH secretagogue makes sense. If nothing else, 2000 mg a day of an arginine/ornithine supplement will help. (Note: if you have herpes, don’t use the arginine as it can stimulate the virus.)
As for the other hormones — melatonin, pregnenolone, DHEA, and 7-Keto — use them as needed.
Periodic Natural Health Guidelines
There are those who say (and Jon is one of them) that any health program should begin with a thorough detoxing. It will maximize the benefits of any supplements you take. We also understand the reality that most people are either afraid of the detoxes or find them too inconvenient. Keep in mind that whether you start with them or not, at some point, they are an indispensable part of the Baseline of Health Program. Jon’s recommendation for most people is:
- 2-4 times a year: a colon cleanse combined with a good heavy metal detox.
- 2-4 times a year: a blood/liver detox — immediately preceded by a stone softening program that also works as a kidney flush.
To make things easy, Jon suggests that people do the detoxes on a seasonal basis — spring, summer, fall, and winter.
Note: if seriously ill, the detox programs need to be done immediately — back to back. Then, take one week off and repeat, and repeat again as long as necessary.
- Spring is the colon/heavy metal detox.
- Summer is the liver/blood/kidney detox.
- Fall repeats the colon/heavy metal detox.
- And winter, right after the holidays are over, is the perfect time for a repeat of the liver/blood/kidney detox.
Dietary Supplements As Needed
If needed, take a colon detox capsule daily to avoid retaining fecal matter. Also, the worse you eat and/or the more contact you have with toxins, the more often you need to cleanse and detox. Other “as needed” formulas include stress reducers, energy enhancers, and joint support formulas.
- Daily Exercise: Even if you are ill (especially if you are ill), you must exercise. If all you can do is hobble around the bed with a walker, do it. Do one lap around the bed the first day, and two the next. Ultimately, get to a place where you are cycling through some weight bearing exercise, some cardio, some stretching, and some breathing exercises every day.
- Relaxation: Meditate daily, or pray deeply — morning and evening. Watch your breath. Use bio-feedback devices. In other words, use whatever works for you to help you relax. Use a nerve tonic as needed.
- Water: There are people who say you get all the water you need in the foods you eat. That’s simply not true. You need to drink a minimum of 64 ounces of pure, pH optimized water every day. Note: soda and coffee do not count.
Jon is really big on juice fasting. He says that the single best investment you can make in your health is a good juicer. Both fresh vegetable and fresh fruit juices are great, but Jon definitely recommends emphasizing the vegetable juices as they are more alkalinizing and contain less sugar. His basic recommended protocol is:
- Fast one day a week on juice and one of the green superfoods such as chlorella.
- Every month, do a 3 day juice/superfood fast.
- And twice a year, as part of your bi-annual liver detox, do a 5-6 day juice fast using spirulina or chlorella to supplement.
Here’s an interesting thought to keep in mind. If you fast just one day week, in seven years, you will have fasted for one entire year. It’s amazing how it adds up. What do you think a year of fasting every seven years would do to optimize your health — let alone slow down any weight gain you might otherwise have experienced. And finally, if seriously ill, start a juice fast immediately. Drink up to a gallon of diluted fresh juice a day — an 8 ounce glass every hour.
You know what to do. If you can’t be perfect in your dietary habits, at least be better than you are now. If you have a really bad day (filled with chili dogs, beer, and ding dongs), do a one day juice fast the next day. Your body has a remarkable ability to repair itself — if you give it a chance.
And once again, if you are seriously ill, you have no choice. You must totally clean up your act until you are well. No cooked foods; no processed foods; lots of fruits and vegetables — especially fresh juices. And remember, once you are feeling better, don’t jump right back into your bad habits. Continue on your high level health program for at least six months after symptoms clear before doing any back-sliding. Make sure the disease is gone before allowing it a chance to come back.
Baseline of Health Program Final Summary
Don’t count on the medical system to take care of you. You don’t have to be a genius to see that no amount of tinkering and funding can stop the inevitable train wreck barreling towards us. How can any healthcare system survive one third to one half of its population living for 20-30 years with severe diabetes — let alone the other half that will suffer from cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s, and MS? There isn’t enough money in the world to cover it. The only way that healthcare can survive — the only way you can survive — is if you take back control of your health and start doing those things that allow your body to stay healthy.
We welcome your testimonial!
If you would like to share your personal success story of how the Baseline of Health® Program worked for you, please contact us and send us your experience!